Home BancShares, operating as Centennial Bank, is a major southern bank based in Conway, Arkansas.
The bank has 165 branches in Arkansas, Alabama Gulf Coast, Florida Panhandle, Southwest and Central Florida, the Florida Keys and New York City.
The bank was established as First State Bank in Conway in 1999. Founders John ALLISON and Robert ADCOCK Jr. obtained the bank charter in 1998 as Home BancShares Inc. In 2009, Centennial Bank and Home BancShares charters were merged.
- Login to Centennial Bank online banking.
- How to sign in Centennial Online Banking with your phone?
- Forgot your password or login?
- How to enroll?
If you would like to make use of the features offered online by Centennial Bank, you would need to complete an online banking login to your account. This applies to a debit card, credit card, or any other accounts at Centennial Bank. We will help you with this matter.
To log in to a Centennial Bank (My 100 Bank) online account, follow the instruction below:
- Click on the link above the instruction and you will be redirected to the login page.
- On the aforementioned home page, enter your Online ID and the corresponding password.
- Click the “Sign in” button.
As simple as that! Following these instructions will let you log into your online account at Centennial Bank.
To log in using the official mobile app, follow these steps:
- Download the application from the respective devices.
- For Apple devices, such as iPads and iPhones, download it from the App Store.
- For Android Devices, download it from the Google Play Market.
- Enter your login credentials (your Online ID and password) as per usual.
- Sign in to your account at Centennial Bank.
Aside from that, you may also simply follow the usual web browser login progress using your mobile browser. Make sure to do so under a secure link and network.
Logging in through your mobile devices allows you to access its banking features through the comfort of your smartphones. These mobile banking services include letting you check balances, make money transfers, pay bills, and much more.
However, keep in mind that certain transaction fees may apply, such as from your wireless carrier’s data or text message rates.
Sometimes we forget even the most important things, such as our account credentials. It’s normal to forget your password or other login details.
However, losing them may mean that you won’t be able to log into your account or use any of the banking services until you retrieve them.
Fortunately, Centennial Bank has a simple solution that will let you regain and reset your account credentials.
To retrieve and renew the password to your Centennial Bank account, follow these steps:
- Open the link from the beginning of the article. Alternatively, you can click this link.
- Click on the button that says “Forgot your password?”.
- The bank will likely provide you with detailed information on how to recover your forgotten password. Follow these steps carefully, and you will regain access to your account in no time.
Additionally, for safety reasons, make sure to change your account password every once in a while. This will help prevent theft and other fraudulent activities.
You can also contact the bank customer care at (888) 372-9788 if you have some troubles while restoring the data.
How to enroll an account in Centennial Bank?
You need to have an account in the Centennial Bank website in order to make use of its internet banking services. Fortunately, doing so involves a fairly simple process which we have prepared for you.
To enroll a new online account in Centennial Bank, follow this simple guide:
- Go to the home page at https://www.my100bank.com
- Click on the “Enroll now” button.
- Download and fill in special enrollment file. You will likely need to provide some personal details, such as your full name, your Social Security Number (SSN), your email address, your phone number, and anything else that may be needed.
- Input your information as the form requires. It is also a good idea to make sure that you are doing this through a secure network, as you are disclosing private information.
If you have provided correct information and written everything accurately – a bank worker representative will email you and provide with necessary data for activating your online banking.
Once everything is done, you will hopefully be able to use the Centennial Bank website to enhance your personal banking experience. With a Centennial Banking online account, you can have access to the following eBanking features:
- Check account balances and your transaction history.
- Pay bills and loans.
- Make payments and deposit checks, both one-time and scheduled, from any Centennial Bank checking accounts.
- Transfer funds between eligible accounts.
- View eStatements, such as tax statements, account statements, and notices.
And many more. Apply for a Centennial Bank account now!
Need any extra help?
Do you still need any help with troubleshooting? If so, we have compiled some basic links and information that might be able to help you solve your Centennial Bank account issues.
If you are a Centennial Bank customer and you would like to reach out to their customer care center, you can make a toll-free call to the number (888) 372-9788.
Additionally, you can also visit their contact page to chat online about your issues and other inquiries by clicking on this link.
If you are making a call to their Customer Service, make sure to take note of the following hours of operation:
- Mondays to Fridays: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. (CST)
- Saturdays: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. (CST)
- On Sundays, they are closed.
You can also reach out to them for help by visiting them in person. To find the nearest Centennial Bank locations, including banking centers and ATMs, you can use the locator feature on their website, which can be found by clicking this link.